Volunteer members of the Kootenay Rockies ATV Club are working hard on Jamboree planning. This is going to be an amazing event! Advance registration closes on June 1, 2020, meals and t-shirts will be subject to availability after June 1, 2020.
Postcard views in the Kootenay Rockies await!
Event Fast Facts:
- Start: Monday, July 13, 2020
- Key dates:
If staying at the Fort Steele Resort and R.V. Park book and confirm your campground by April 15. All “pending” sites for the Jamboree group will be cancelled after that date. People can still book online after that date, but their site selection may be more limited.
Advance registration closes on June 1, 2020, meals and t-shirts will be subject to availability after June 1, 2020.
- Location: Ride staging*, meals and events are at the Fort Steele Resort and R.V. Park (10 minute drive north of Cranbrook on Hwy 93/95). *July 14 will offer an off-site guided ride only. Guided rides are planned to be offered to originate both from the campground and off-site on July 15, 16, and 17.
- Contact: Have questions or need more information? Contact Doug Williamson at 250-426-0417 or by email at mailto:[email protected]
- Events: Rides (guided and self guided), a bbq, a banquet, a wine and cheese social, a pancake breakfast, the ATVBC AGM and of course, the Poker Ride on Sunday, July 19, 2020.
- SxS width: The Kootenay Rockies ATV Club recommends a maximum of 64″ vehicle width for the Jamboree and Poker Run.
- Accommodations: Camping registration and other accommodations must be purchased separately – they are not included with Jamboree registration. We recommend camping at the Fort Steele Resort and RV Park and registring before April 15, 2020. Please note: if you are going to take part in the Poker Ride on July 19 it is a full day event (including awarding of prizes) and you should reserve accommodations to include the night of July 19, with departure on Monday, July 20. See the registration page for a list of other accommodation options.
- Insurance and helmets: See registration page for details about mandatory insurance. All Riders / Drivers and Passengers must wear a DOT approved helmet and sign a liability waiver form before participating in any ride. This includes SxS riders and passengers.
- Registration fee includes :
-July 14 – 17 rides
-Wine and Cheese Social
- All riders (drivers and passengers) MUST register.
- Those in your group who will not be riding/driving/passengers do not need to register and can purchase t-shirts and a banquet ticket using the registration form . A banquet ticket allows for entry to the Friday night Wine & Cheese Social.
Sights you will see!
The 2020 Kootenay Rockies ATV Jamboree includes:
- Guided rides on July 14*, 15, 16, and 17. Ride descriptions will be posted as we get closer to the event date. Hint: The July 14 ride will be something special!
- Wednesday, July 15, Mr. Mike’s Casual burger BBQ. Payment by donation with all proceeds going to the Cranbrook Salvation Army.
- Friday, July 17 Wine and Cheese social event (included)
- Saturday, July 18 Pancake Breakfast ($7) and banquet (included)
- ATVBC AGM: Attend the AGM on Saturday, July 18 at 10:30 a.m. local time (MDT) at the pavilion (signs will be posted). Attend to learn what ATVBC has worked on in 2019/2020, plans for 2020/2021 and election of directors. Everyone is welcome at the AGM, no charges or fees for attendance. Members can vote and each club gets one vote.
- T-shirts for registrants** Additional shirts may be ordered online until June 1 @ $20 each
- Sunday, July 19 Poker Ride (Poker hands to be purchased separately at the event. Poker hands will cost $25 each or 3 for $60. 1st Prize $500; 2nd Prize $300; and 3rd Prize $200).
More sights to whet your appetite
2020 Kootenay Rockies ATV Club Poker Ride
Sunday, July 19 Poker Ride (Poker hands to be purchased separately at the event. Poker hands will cost $25 each or 3 for $60. 1st Prize $500; 2nd Prize $300; and 3rd Prize $200).
You haven’t been there if you don’t have the t-shirt to prove it!
Order your t-shirts (extra shirts available for purchase for registrants) and for accompanying non-registered guests. Order a more than one!
Cranbrook Chamber of Commerce
As the Jamboree date draws closer we will be posting details of the other recommended activities in this area for your consideration. Please watch the ATVBC website for news.
Cranbrook History Centre – We are justifiably proud of our railway museum
Fort Steele Heritage Town
What would a trip to the East Kootenay be without a visit to Fort Steele Heritage Town?
The historic town is right across the highway from the Fort Steele Resort and RV Park. It is walking distance but is not accessible by ATV.
Original Post Click Here